Your Daughter Tells You She Is Pregnant..
- Stay calm. Try not to place obstacles in communication with your daughter by overreacting.
- Find out the facts. Find out if she really is pregnant, or if she’s just missed her period. Come with her to Journey Clinic, and we can arrange a free pregnancy test and consultation appointment.
- Talk with her and listen to her.
- Be there for her. She needs your love and support now more than ever before.
- Talk with the people who are involved; especially the father-to-be, and his parents. He will need to be involved at all stages.
- Educate your daughter and yourself on her rights, responsibilities and options. Remember that at any time, you can contact advocates at journey clinic for advice and information.
- Be honest with her and yourself. Own and share at all times how you feel.
- Don’t pressure her to do what you want. Your daughter has feelings and opinions too; listen to her.
Talk to Us
At Journey Clinic, we talk to parents, couples and girls every day who are in a similar situations. We can take you through all of your daughters options, and we can guide you through each one in a non-judgmental way. All decisions are made by the mother-to-be at all times.